On behalf of our client we are looking for a Clinical Psychologist that will provide advanced psychiatric/mental health services in a variety of settings for an adult population and collaborates with other health care professionals in a multidisciplinary approach in caring for patients.
The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Diagnoses and treats mental and emotional disorders, alcoholism and substance abuse. Treatment includes individual, group and family therapies and may involve a number of different formats such as the use of cognitive-behavioral treatment techniques.
- Provides and interprets psychological testing including the evaluation of mental illness, intelligence, personality, and neuropsychological functioning.
- Confers with physicians to discuss, plan, and determine course of action in patient/client care.
- Designs, constructs, installs, and implements treatment programs for a treatment unit, section or group.
Preference may be given to those with the ability to complete multiple psychological assessments; capable of understanding and treating individuals with serious, persistent mental illness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The principles, practices and procedures of general and/or institutional psychiatry and sub-specialty area for the care and treatment of individuals with mental illness.
- Human behaviors and performance; individual differences in ability, personality and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
PsyD or PhD in Psychology
2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Psychology) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Psychology Services Analyst
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Wyoming
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical ability to lift, twist, bend, pull and push up to 50 lbs.
- A background check, including fingerprinting, will be completed through the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation, the Wyoming Department of Family Services and the F.B.I. for every successful applicant.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be conducted on safety-sensitive positions. Drug testing will be completed on any position if reasonable suspicion exists.