On behalf of our client we are looking for a Medical Director to provide Administrative oversight and regulatory compliance, clinical evaluations, treatment for patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Administrative and clinical oversight for all licensed independent practitioners (LIP’s, i.e. MD’s, APRN’s)
- Regulatory compliance relative to CMS, CARF, hospital licensure and other future accreditations.
- Participate as a member of Senior Leadership, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and other designated committees.
- Oversight of hospital’s clinic departments, including Pharmacy, Laboratory, and contract Dentist, Podiatrist, and Neurologist.
- Responsible for car and treatment on a designated inpatient unit.
- Work cooperatively with other hospital clinical departments to ensure effective, efficient, and high-quality care is being delivered to patients.
- Knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis, treatment, and medical conditions impacting patients.
- Knowledge of psychotherapy, side effects, risks and benefits.
- Knowledge of the guidelines, rules and regulations regarding prescribing practices.
- Knowledge of current legal liabilities, federal, state rules and regulations, and standard governing psychiatric rehabilitation care of the mentally ill.
- Knowledge of treatment intervention in highly complex cases.
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Board certified (or eligible) in Psychiatry and eligible for license to practice medicine in Wyoming.