On behalf of our client we are looking for a Psychiatrist that will provide advanced psychiatric/mental health services in a variety of settings for an adult population and collaborates with other health care professionals in a multidisciplinary approach in caring for patients.
This is an M.D. Psychiatrist position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Performs mental status evaluations and medical evaluations if needed for conditions that influence mental health issues or just for overall health issues
- Administers proper medications and provides psychiatric counseling for mental health issues.
- Writes prescriptions on discharge for physical illnesses in addition to psychiatric illnesses.
- Reviews and monitors physical symptoms.
- Orders and interprets labs.
- Responsible for discharge planning.
- Coordinates with other disciplines including primary care staff and external healthcare providers.
- Trains and educates student nurses, psychology trainees, and staff from other disciplines.
- Leads therapeutic groups for patients.
- Responds to code blues and other emergencies.
- Serves as front-line management for safety calls and interventions.
- Follows hospital and state policy for the use of involuntary treatment.
- Participates in calls with guardians and family members in accordance with hospital policy.
- Participates in authoring psychiatrist portion of patient treatment plans with the treatment team.
- Knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis, treatment, and medical conditions impacting patients.
- Knowledge of psychotherapy, side effects, risks and benefits.
- Knowledge of the guidelines, rules and regulations regarding prescribing practices.
- Knowledge of current legal liabilities, federal, state rules and regulations, and standard governing psychiatric rehabilitation care of the mentally ill.
- Knowledge of treatment intervention in highly complex cases.
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Board certified (or eligible) in Psychiatry and eligible for licensure to practice medicine in Wyoming.